Soldering Techniques Self Learning (Sinhala) DVD pack. How To Solder SMD IC and other component in your working table.
What is Normal soldering and when should you use it?
- Soldering is a process in which two or more metal items are joined together by melting and then flowing a filler metal into the joint—the filler metal having a relatively low melting point.
- Soldering is used to form a permanent connection between electronic components.
- The metal to be soldered is heated with a soldering iron and then solder is melted into the connection.
- Only the solder melts, not the parts that are being soldered.
- Solder is a metallic “glue” that holds the parts together and forms a connection that allows electrical current to flow.
- You can use a solderless breadboard to make test circuits, but if you want your circuit to last for more than a few days, you will want to solder the components together.